Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Slackline at the White House

Note: I was told by an internet guru that I should break up long posts into several shorter ones. I will try that out for a while. Let me know what you think.

Russell Jumps Over the White House Slicklining
Russell jumps over The White House on the slackline
Early Saturday morning Russell and I made our way to Penn Station to catch a bus to Washington DC for the weekend. On the way to DC we took a bus operated by Bolt. I was a great experience - tons of room, reclining seats, and a hilarious driver. The driver's introduction was super funny and when we took Megabus home (terrible) I was wishing he was there to remind people that the whole bus can hear your phone conversations, and to please refrain from extended chat time.

The White House
Erica in front of The White House
After an easy bus ride, Russell and I arrived a half hour early in DC. I called The Quincy, the hotel we stayed at, for an early 11am check in (normally it is 3pm). On our way to the hotel we made a short detour to The White House for some photos. Russell really wanted a photo of him jumping over the White House, so I scouted out two trees where we could set up the slackline for the photo op. We assumed that we would have a maximum of 5-10 minutes before someone would come and tell us that we weren't supposed to wrap things around the trees, so we had to be quick. That estimate was correct; we got in about 5 minutes. In that five minutes I grabbed a great photo of Russell jumping over the White House and some photos and video of me walking the line. Slcaklining in front of the White House - priceless!

Once we took the slackline down we headed to The Quincy to drop off our stuff. The room was excellent, especially considering the fact that I got the cheapest hotel within walking distance of the sights. I am really pleased with The Quincy, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment