Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bryant Park, Times Square, and Justin Timberlake

Bryant Park
Bryant Park
Last Thursday I decided that I needed a New York Public Library card, not only to check out books for research, but also to check out a Lonely Planet Washington DC book for our weekend trip to DC. I got the required documents - proof that I either live, work, and go to school in NYC, plus a driver’s license or passport. I went in with a letter from work with the address on official letterhead along with my passport and license. I called ahead of time to make sure this would be accepted and the guy on the phone said it should be fine, but that it depends on the mood of the person working. Sadly, the woman working was very cranky and rejected me outright. Since there was a huge line I decided not to make a big deal out of it and instead Russell and I went to Bryant Park a block away to enjoy twilight and take some nice night shots with my camera.
After replacing in the park for a little bit we walked to Times Square so Russell could see it lit up at night. As we were walking I noticed a huge group of people that were dancing - flash mob! YES! I have always wanted to see a flash mob, but then I noticed a camera and lighting and realized that it wasn’t a real flash mob but a fake one... oh well still fun. I thought that they were filming a Verizon commercial because I have seen Verizon’s flash mob commercial on YouTube before, but then I noticed that there were two people who were the only ones not dancing. Then I realized that the two people not dancing were Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis! They were filming the movie Friends with Benefits. I tried to take some photos but there was a pretty big crowd around. I did get some good video though and will post that up on YouTube sometime soon (update: video has been posted!). Russell and I watched three takes before heading back to the subway to go home.




No comments:

Post a Comment