Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Walk in the Park

View of Midtown from Central Park
View of Midtown Manhattan from Central Park
Another seemingly never ending day at work, but really I can't complain - nice office, nice people, nice view. Getting tired of going through stacks of documents, but somebody's got to do it, and it is rather interesting I suppose. On the plus side there are nifty projects that I am starting on the horizon.

Angel of the Water
Betjhesda Fountain's Angel of the Water, Central Park
Anyways, after watching Paraguay kick Japan out of the World Cup I went down to the Clinton Global Initiative's midtown office for Career Day. Since we were the ones who got to ask all the questions, I decided to take the opportunity to ask a few things that relate to what may become my thesis topic. I went there quite excited, but the answer I got to my question was a bit of a let down. I mean, it was a very politically neutral answer, which is good, but boring. I will have to reword it to be more specific and concise, especially if I want to make this question the one question I ask President Clinton.

There was one woman who was very helpful, though - Judy. I had heard that she is a resumé expert so I handed over my resumé and she pretty much tore it apart and restructured it. I love when people who are smarter than me destroy my work and help me produce something better - it's a real learning experience as long as you don't get offended and are willing to take their advice in stride.

Central Park
Central Park, New York City
After Career Day Kathy and I headed to Central Park for a afternoon walk. Luckily it wasn't too hot or humid out. It was just perfect for a walk. While we were walking we saw this boy juggling and doing Chinese yo-yo tricks, and he was actually really great! After stopping to watch him for a bit we continued on out way until we go to the Bethesda Fountain with the Angel of the Water sculpture. In front of the fountain there was this guy making giant bubbles and nearby a small choir was singing beautifully. I could have sat there all day it was so relaxing and wonderful. The best part was when a bubble popped over my head, splashing me with bubble ooze. Kathy started busting out laughing at me and the next thing you know she takes an unexpected bubble to the face! Instant karma - ha!! I happened to capture it on video - I think it is pretty hilarious! After spending quite a while watching the bubble man and listening to the choir we moved onto a nicely wooded area and saw a bunch of squirrels and raccoons. If it wasn't for the sounds of the city I could have easily forgotten that I was in New York City. One thing that I found awkwardly stunning was the contrast between the trees and greenery of the park and the towering buildings nearby peeking over the horizon. Beautiful and disgusting at the same time.

Bethesda Fountain
Bethesda Fountain, Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment